We’re challenging people’s perceptions of Oxbridge as a privileged-only space.
The Class of Spectra Project has two simple goals:
- Showcase the stories of underrepresented women in their final year at Oxford;
- And inspire the next generation of girls to see Oxford as a place where they belong, they can thrive, learn and flourish;
- But more importantly, we want them to see anywhere as a place where they can belong.
For a more in-depth explanation of why we started this project, look out for our forth-coming post on the topic.
We’re on the look out for participants to take part in this project.
Last year we showcased 9 women graduating from Oxford (if you want to check it out, click here). This year we want to showcase many more! We’re aiming for 50+
We will be taking photo portrays of each participant. Those who want to take part should be female identifying finalists at Oxford from underrepresented backgrounds.
For those who want to get more involved:
- We’re planning on making a video/s to further showcase the stories of these women, and to inspire girls to see themselves at university.
- We’re asking each participant to pen a letter to a girl who is thinking of applying to university (in particular Oxbridge).
- We’re asking each participant if they would be willing to mentor/give advice to a girl interested in applying to university.
The whole project will be made available across different digital platforms. We’re planning to host an exhibition (location and time TBD).
If you want to get involved, please sign up here!
To give us your comments or share the love go to our contact page. We live for these types of things.